Friday, July 8 at 7:38 a.m. The minute my journey began to become the next Pokémon GO master. At the time, it appeared I was one of the few, but after a Monday night scouring Uptown Dallas, looking for the rarest catches in the area, I discovered the competition more fierce than I could have ever imagined.
After a prolonged server outage, I headed out into the tall grass with a fellow Pokémon GO compatriot. The first stop was behind Uptown Yoga around 9:45 p.m., and from there I got lost in the woods. What followed would be a three and half hour journey all the way across North Central Expressway, from Klyde Warren Park to BUZZBREWS Kitchen and everything in between. But some spots were much more lucrative than others and are a must-go if you’re looking to expand your Pokédex in the Uptown Dallas area.
The Top 10 Pokémon GO Spots in Uptown Dallas:
- The Oval Structure – near Christie’s: Multiple cars were parked with their hazard lights on and others holding onto their pets tried to capture a very-whirly Pidgeot. I’d look for this spot to be a battle royal day after day with challenging, high-level Pokémon.
- Calvary Cemetery: Approach this area with caution. Although it’s loaded with PokéStops, it’s also dark and secluded. There’s also an arrow on the Poké map pointing directly into the area, which leads me to believe there’s something special lurking by the graves, but I didn’t stumble upon anything unusual. I did, however, have an Electabuzz show up in my ‘nearby’ section, and suspiciously, that was the only Pokémon to show up nearby at all.
- The Ginger Man: Not only is it a great place to enjoy an adult beverage, it’s also the location of a Level 3 Gym. On this particular Monday night, its seating capacity was fully occupied as Pokémon GO trainers battled while indulging in one of Ginger Man’s specialty craft brews.
- Klyde Warren Park: Parks, in general, are great hunting ground to catch grassy and normal type Pokémon, but Klyde Warren has also been blessed with a gym. If you’re looking to casually catch Pokémon at a high rate and enjoy a nice night, Kylde Warren should be your go-to park.
- BUZZBREWS Kitchen: BUZZBREWS may be the top PokéStop in Dallas. Having great food and drinks is one thing. Being open 24/7 is another. The entire night consisted of trainers dropping Lure after Lure as the catch frenzy carried on long into the night. This is going to be your one-stop shop if you’re looking to relax inside with air conditioning and bump up your Pokémon catch total.
- Post Properties - Uptown Village: Could this be the sleeper spot in Uptown? It’s a little off of the Poké path but night one led me straight to a one-on-one battle with a Scyther. This may be a unique PokéStop to check out if you’re trying to show off your Pokédex.
- Cole Park: Cole Park might as well be called Eevee’s Playground. With two PokéStops and multiple Eevee frolicking around, this is the place to go if you want to have all three original evolutions of this dynamic breed.
- ZaLat Pizza: Another Lure haven, ZaLat now has more to offer than its delicious thin crust pizza. Grab a few slices, invite your friends and whip out your phones, because you’re sure to have a Pokémon catching heyday here during store hours.
- Greenwood Cemetery: Only accessible by day, this cemetery is loaded with half-a-dozen PokéStops. Being nighttime, I was unable to enter this restricted domain, but as soon as the weekend hits, you’ll be sure to find me here wandering from PokéStop to PokéStop.
- Renfield’s Corner: With a great outdoor patio, I suspect Renfield’s PokéStop will be an Uptown Dallas crowd favorite. Look for Renfield’s to be crowded with other local Pokémon GO trainers as soon as Friday hits.
Here are my top catches from night one in Uptown Dallas:
[gallery link="file" columns="2" size="medium" ids="16722,16723,16724,16725,16726,16727,16728,16729"]
Have you had the same, or maybe even better, luck in Uptown?
Subscribe to Email Updates
- Pokémon GO in Addison: Where to catch 'em all!
- Splash Media Acquires Social Media Delivered
- Pokémon GO Catches Fire in Uptown Dallas
- How Do You Measure the Effectiveness of Social Media Engagement?
- Jamie Travels | Remote Year
- How Smart Digital Strategy Maximizes Patient Engagement
- 7 books for marketers (that aren’t about marketing).
- Preventing a Social Media Crisis
- 6 ways Instagram is turning into Snapchat (and 3 ways it’s just better)
- A Day in the Life of a Community Manager
- Social News
- Splash Media News
- Press Releases
- Mobile Marketing
- Healthcare Marketing
- Social Media Trends
- mobile apps
- Splash Travels
- augmented reality
- Content Marketing
- Facebook Marketing
- Video Marketing
- crisis management
- customer service
- digital marketing
- local business marketing
- Consumer Technology
- Emerging Technology
- Facebook Reactions
- Healthcare Compliance
- International Center for Journalists
- Media Buying
- Media Buying Strategy
- Mobile Responsive
- Mobile UX
- SEO Marketing
- Super Bowl Commercials
- community management
- live streaming
- mobile advertising
- mobile gaming
- reputation management